Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

Getting Going

OK, it's probably about time to get the ball rolling and get into the habit of posting on this blog, so that once our little Beavlet finally arrives, I will be more likely do to a good job of posting and sharing his life. We found out about a month ago that our Beavlet is a "he" and we are both over the moon. More important than that, he appeared to be a very healthy little guy. He's sure acting like it anyway, wiggling all over the place in there and thumpin' strong enough these days that Daddy can feel him move when he puts a hand on my belly.

The pregnancy has been going really, really well so far, I can't complain. I had the usual fatigue and nausea in the first trimester and then some unexpected and pretty hard-core fatigue for the first few weeks of the second trimester, but adding a bit of iron REALLY helped out. I'm still more tired than I would be if I weren't pregnant and my back bothers me every now and again (and today would be one of those "now" days), but it's nothing I can't handle. I'm healthy and he's healthy and I can't ask for any more than that!!!

I am most definitely showing, see below:
Friends, family, coworkers and husband all tell me regularly that I look great, look healthy, am not gaining anyplace but the belly, etc. I was thinking that potentially they could be "just saying that" until my mom said so, and if she says it then it MUST be true. :-)

Another exciting piece of news is that we have picked out the decor for his room! We were in Babies 'R' Us right after we found out we were pregnant and Jeff saw a high chair with a monkey on it and got all excited! "LOOK, HONEY!!! MONKEYS!!!" And that was it. Monkeys it is. We looked at lots of different bedding patterns, and finally settled on this one:
The actual turning of the guest room into the baby's room will happen over winter break in December and I'm chomping at the bit. :-)

OK... I think that's it for now... of course I have more I could share, but that's a lot for one post! As soon as I can figure out where my thumb drive is, I will scan in his ultrasound pics to share. They are super cute, he's adorable already.

Love,
Tori

No comments:

Post a Comment